The Raptors head to Charlotte to take on the Hornets tonight, and I’m going to tell you how to play Fred VanVleet’s assists prop for this Monday night matchup.
Let’s jump into the numbers.
Fred VanVleet UNDER 8.5 Assists (-120 @ Bet365)
Line movement notes: Would play this number to -140; would play U7.5 in the +105 range for a half unit.
- Averaging 7.2 assists in 38.7 minutes
- Cleared this in just 14/46 for a strike rate of 30%, however, he’s been in good form recently, passing this mark in three of the past four
- But he’s getting an inflated line because of how horrific the Hornets are at giving up assists overall (second-worst in the league)
- However, they actually haven’t been too bad recently against PGs and are ranked 17th in the league on assists
- In the past five games, they’ve kept the likes of Lowry(6), Smart (6), Osman (1), Jackson (5), and Westbrook (5) all comfortably under this line, which is not a bad effort considering both Lowry and Russ average more dimes than FVV
It’s slated to be a close game and I can see either team winning, which is reflected in this line of -2. If the Hornets do manage to get up, FVV doesn’t exactly have a great record in their losses, clearing this in just 5/19 games (26%).